We opened the boxing gym in 2008. Originally, the gym opened as the L.A. Kronk Gym, inspired by legendary trainer, coach and announcer Emanuel Steward. When the union between us and Emanuel “Manny” Steward never rose to fruition, the gym was renamed the L.A. Sands Boxing Gym. The gym was originally housed at 1515 Compton Avenue in Los Angeles on the second floor with one vintage, old school historical boxing ring and about 6 heavy bags. The gym started out hosting the USC and UCLA Collegiate Boxing programs, as they needed a space to further launch their boxing programs, which notably were the first collegiate boxing programs for the Southern California region. While Emanuel Steward never joined us in this endeavor, we will always cherish him in our hearts for his guidance, support and assistance in opening the gym. It was he who inspired us to start a boxing gym in Los Angeles. For his knowledge and input and for his legacy to boxing, we are eternally grateful.